Employment with Snake River Ferry
We are currently looking for the following positions for our 2021 season. Our season runs from May 28th to September/October, water and weather conditions permitting.
Please review the job descriptions and qualifications for the position you are interested in then follow the link below to apply.
Our Boat Captain operates narrated boat tours from spring to fall, transporting passengers up and down the snake river in downtown Idaho Falls.
The Boat Captain maintains a set schedule, oversees the loading and unloading of passengers, provides passengers with historical information during the ride, and provides basic boat maintenance.
1. Experience operating, loading, and docking a boat
2. Experience with basic boat maintenance
3. Customer service skills
4. CPR certification required
5. Captain or Guide License (preferred, not required)
Pay: $14 to $16 per hour based on experience
The Dock Worker is responsible to set up the check-in booth, life jackets, and/or kayaks each day before customers arrive. Dock Workers helps customers with tickets, safety equipment, signing waivers, boarding, and teaches safety rules. They also help the Boat Captain dock, unload and load passengers.
The Dock Worker may also rent out kayaks, provide basic safety training to ensure the safety of all passengers.
• CPR Certification-Required
• Customer Service experience
• Knowledge about river dangers and river safety
• Basic math skills (count back change, addition, subtraction)
• Ability to lift 50-100 lbs
Pay: $10-$12 per hour